As a distribution utility, you’re pushing the envelope for advanced capabilities to operate more reliably and efficiently, while managing the challenges of distributed energy resources. But you’re also tasked with reducing the costs and labor required to support a full software and hardware package.
Whether you’re a large investor-owned utility or a small municipal, the GridAPPS-D™ platform approach, separating data integration from functionality, can reduce your costs and accelerate your time to value. Here’s how:
- Your integration costs and time are reduced because all the apps and the platform are standards-compliant.
- You can standardize the data exchange interfaces between multi-vendor devices and applications, whether they’re running at the edge of the grid or in the utility control room.
- You can purchase portable, “best-of-breed” apps from any source, choosing those that address your specific requirements – regardless of utility size.
- You can switch out functionality more easily as your needs or environment change, for orderly evolution and extensibility of the infrastructure and solution.
- You’ll be able to create more business value from the large volumes of data that your devices and systems are collecting.
The basic GridAPPS-D™ platform is available now on GitHub for use by application developers and vendors. As a utility, you can be a leader in advancing the platform’s adoption becoming part of the GridAPPS-D™ ecosystem. You can drive development of advanced portable distribution applications that meet key industry needs.
- Share with us your business needs and technical requirements, as we refine the platform.
- Explore the example apps that demonstrate GridAPPS-D™’s powerful capabilities.
- Collaborate with us to define the compliance evaluation process.
- Discuss being part of a GridAPPS-D™ field trial (selected utilities and vendors).
- Use the platform to evaluate new, compliant apps before deploying them in your systems.
- Ask your vendors to use GridAPPS-D’s™ platform-based approach.